What is the difference between POP and IMAP ?
Both are mail protocols, or methods or reaching your emails.
- POP: Messages are downloaded locally to your computer.
- IMAP: Synchronization between the server and your mail client. Messages remain on the server. It's like importing the webmail in the interface of your choice.
Email account configuration
Here are the recommended secure email account configurations:
Mail Server Username: firstname.lastname@example.org
Incoming Mail Server (POP3 & IMAP): s###.panelboxmanager.com
Incoming Mail Server Ports (POP3 / IMAP): 995 / 993
Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): s###.panelboxmanager.com
Outgoing Mail Server Port: 465
Use outgoing mail server password authentication
You'll find the server names on which you are hosted in your Funio Hub or your welcome letter.
Set up your email with a email client
Here is how to configure your emails with the most used clients:
- Mail: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204093
- iOS: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201320
- Android: https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/CKB/How+to+Set+Up+a+cPanel+Email+Account+for+iOS+and+Android#965086d225f747d892d7fe4899d15b94
- Thunderbird: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/manual-account-configuration
- Outlook: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/kb/286197