1. A FTP access allows you to manage your files on your server space. To do so, you need a FTP client. You can use FileZilla, Cyberduck, SmartFTP or whichever you prefer.
2. Once you have a FTP client, you can connect to your FTP with these infos:
- FTP server : ftp.yourdomain.com (or the name of the server you are hosted on, such as s049.panelboxmanager.com)
- Logon: Normal
- Username : Your cPanel username
- Password : Your cPanel password
- Port : 21
For security reasons, it is recommended to enable FTP over SSL/TLS instead of plain text authentication (Clear Text Session). To do so, select "Required explicit FTP over TLS" from dropdown list. Make sure you use the server name if you pick this option.
Click OK to finish the configuration.
3. Once the connection is established, you can simply click and drag files and folders around. In the right column is your server and in the left column is your local environment.
File manager in cPanel
2. There, you can upload, download or edit the files on your server.