A CSR file is needed to generate a SSL certificate
The CSR file provides necessary information for the creation of a SSL certificate. If the certificate will be installed in a cPanel account at Funio, we recommend creating the CSR on that same cPanel account, which will simplify the installation process.
Access to cPanel
Completion of the task: 10 minutes
How to do it?
1. Log in to your cPanel account through your Funio Hub. Under Security, click on SSL/TLS.
2. Click on Generate, view, or delete SSL certificate signing requests on the right hand side.
3. Select Generate a New 2048-bit key in the Key field.
4. Enter the following information for the CSR code.
- Domains: Enter your domain. For a Wildcard certificate, add an asterisk in front (*.domain.tld). For a Simple SSL add www (www.domain.tld).
- City: the name of your city.
- State: the name of your state/province.
- Country: select your country in the list.
- Company: the officially registered name for your business.
- Company Division: the name of a division or department within the organization.
- E-mail: your email address. The e-mail used for CSR generation will not be used for domain control validation or for reception of the issued certificated. It can be left blank.
- Passphrase: This was designed to be another verification. It is now obsolete and can be left empty.
- Description: Add some keywords to locate a particular CSR in the list.
5. Click on the Generate button.
The next page will give you the CSR code. You can use it to activate your certificate. Make sure you include -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST----- and -----END CERTIFICATE REQUEST----- when submitting the CSR code for SSL activation.