Connect to your VPN from your Linux distribution
If you are a Linux user, you probably already know how to configure it. But, in case of any doubt, below you will find the instructions to configure your VPN connection. In this example, we will use Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.
- Access to your Funio Hub
- A Linux distribution
- A VPN plan at Funio
Completion of the task: 10 minutes
How to do it?
- Log in to your Funio Hub.
- Navigate to Services > My Services.
- Find your VPN product and click its Status “Active”.
- Take note of your Username, Password, and Pre-shared Key, which will be needed later.
- Click the Available Servers button on the left-hand side.
- Chose one and click Download > Default (UDP 1194), to download the configuration file.
- Now on your Ubuntu, click on the network icon in the upper right corner, and select Settings.
- Click Network on the left-hand side, then click the + button next to VPN.
- Select Import from file… and import the file you downloaded a moment ago.
- Fill in the Username and Password.
- Click Add
- Finally, click on the network icon in the upper right corner, and select the VPN connection you just created.