Connect to your VPN from your Mac
Follow the steps listed below to take advantage of your VPN product and surf using a secured connection.
- Access to your Funio Hub
- An Apple computer with macOS
- A VPN plan at Funio
Completion of the task: 15 minutes
How to do it?
- Log in to your Funio Hub
- Navigate to Services > My Services
- Find your VPN product and click its Status
- Take note of your Username and Password, which will be needed later
- Click the Available Servers button on the left hand side.
- Take note of the IP address for the server you wish to connect on.
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu -> System Preferences, then click Network.
- Click the “Add” (+) button in the bottom left,
a. Then click the Interface pop-up menu, and choose VPN.
b. Click the VPN Type pop-up menu, then choose L2TP via IPSec.
c. Give the VPN service a name, then click Create.
- Enter the server address (the IP address from step 6) and the account name (Username) for the VPN connection.
- Click Authentication Settings… then enter your Password and Shared Secret: Time4vps and click OK
- Check the box “Show VPN status in menu bar” to use the VPN status icon to connect to the network and switch between VPN services.
- Now click the Advanced… button and Check the option to Send all traffic over VPN connection and click OK.
- Now click the cogwheel in the bottom left and choose Set Service Order and then slide the VPN service to be the first on the list.
- Connect to your VPN and you’re finished!