Cron jobs allow you to automate certain commands or scripts on your site. You can set a command or script to run at a specific time every day, week, etc. For example, you could set a cron job to delete temporary files every week to free up disk space.
1. Log in to your cPanel through your Funio Hub. Under the Advanced section, click on Cron Jobs.
2. You will be able to add new Cron Jobs there, and manage the existing ones.
- Email address: when a cron has executed, you will be notified by email. Enter a valid email so you can keep track of what has been executed.
- Command to run: type in the unix command and the location of the file to execute. You would execute a perl script by entering "perl" in front, and PHP scripts with "php" in front (see image above for example).
- Minute(s): at what minute is the script executed (hh:mm). Different intervals are also made available.
- Hour(s): At what hour will it be executed. Different intervals are also made available.
- Day(s): On what day will it be executed. These are days of the month, or every day.
- Month(s): On which month, if not every month.
- Weekday(s): On what day or every day.
3. Click on Add New Cron Job and you're done!